Halloween Evil Eyes


Seeing as Halloween is around the corner, I thought some creepy nails would be appropriate! Here's the step-by-step for the Evil Eye Nails…

Step 1: Paint your nails a dark base colour



I'm using OPI's Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! (Gotta love that name)

It looks dark greyish-green in some lights, and a super dark green, almost completely black other times.

Step 2: Select a light colour like yellow or white. I chose this Yellow (943) by Inglot, thought the colours would go well!

Step 3: Make two dots with a dotting tool slightly diagonal from each other

Step 4: Using a smaller dotting tool, slowly dot/drag the dots outwards into tear drop shapes

Step 5: Use a dotting tool, dot two eyes in using the base colour. I found it looks best when the dots are made 3/4 way inside the yellow area and not completely inside the yellow area 
(See index finger vs. middle finger)

Aaaaaand that's it! More pictures of the completed nails:






Have fun playing around with the colours! There's definitely many cool colour combinations to try out which will give the nails a slightly different look x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com