Maybelline Color Show Nail Polishes (I)


I recently bought a few (okay maybe more than a few) polishes from the Maybelline Color Show range. Look for them at Watsons - some outlets have a buy 3 get 1 free promo! I ended up with 8 (bought on separate occasions) thanks to the enticing promotion but I'll show you the first half and keep the rest for another day :)


(L to R: Mint Mojito, Coral Craze, Porcelain Party, Kiss-me-Pink)

Mint Mojito - The perfect lime green! I don't own any other colours similar to this.

This is two thin coats but one slightly thicker coat would probably have been enough.

See the shininess? I didn't even put a top coat on!

Next up, Kiss-me-Pink - A fuschia with pink and blue shimmer!

My iPhone camera went crazy trying to capture this colour!


Trying desperately to capture the colour and failing… Imagine it slightly less intense and more pink instead of red!

Porcelain Party - Plain ol' white


Like most whites, this one took more than one coat to be completely opaque. This is two coats without a top coat!

And saving my favourite for last, Coral Craze!

The name pretty much speaks for itself - a true coral colour, smack in the middle of orange and pink!

Such a versatile colour :) I might do a comparison between this and the other orangey-pinky / coral colours in my collection one day!

Surprise surprise, it even matches my (Maybelline) Baby Lips Color in Cherry Kiss!

Overall, I love the Maybelline Color Show polishes so much! Both the consistency of the polishes and brush size were easy to work with, though if you have bigger nails (as opposed to my tiny ones) you might find the brushes a little narrow. Worked perfect for me though. Also, these don't really need a top coat - all the pictures taken above were without top coat. They have a really nice glossy finish and are dry to touch pretty quick too! At $6.90 each they're such a bargain, especially if you get them at 4 for 3! Works out to be just over $5 each.

Just realised they're on sale on Luxola at 4 for 3 as well! A lot more choices than at a typical Watsons plus free shipping :D x


/Edit: Part II of the Color Show Polishes here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com