Basics: Konad Nail Stamping


Whenever a manicure looks too neat to be true, it's usually either a case of stick-on nails or it's stamped on! The Konad nail stamping plates have been around for a really long time and I currently have about 6 or 7 plates in my collection. Recently, I came across the stamping plates with letters on them and saw so much more potential for them. Imagine all the things I could spell out with my nails! I'll roughly explain the process of stamping and a few things to note when trying out nail stamping.


For this look: China Glaze Sea Spray and a teeny Konad white polish

The alphabet plates! I love everything about these except the centre designs.

Before you start, make sure you have the following:
1) Stamping plate
2) Thick / One-coater type polish. (They sell special Konad polishes but you don't have to use them. Just make sure the polish you're using isn't too sheer at one coat or the design won't transfer!)
3) Scraper
4) Stamper
5) Rough paper / backing (to scrape the excess polish onto)

Now let's get into the stamping!

Step 1: Dab on some polish onto your selected design (In this case an O!)

Step 2: Holding the scraper at a 45-degree angle to the plate, scrape off the excess. 
(Work quickly between this step and the next)

Step 3: Using the stamper, transfer the design from the plate to the stamper! Don't wait too long after scraping to do this or the polish will dry on the plate and it won't get picked up.

Step 4: Admire the nicely transferred design

Step 5: Position the design where you want it. Then press the stamper starting on side of the nail at an angle and roll from one side to the other for a clean transfer. This is the hardest bit and takes lots of practice to get right, but is so worth it when you find a technique that works for you!

If you're doing this on another layer of polish as I was, make sure you wait till the first layer is completely dry.

And it's done! :) Wait for a good amount of time before applying topcoat.
(You can see I got impatient on the N)



Love nail stamping as it is simple yet impressive! You can get these from the Konad Singapore website. The alphabet plates are M17 and M18. My next post will also be on nail stamping, stay tuned! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com