Easter Egg Nails


Here's the finale of my easter series this year - abstract easter egg nails :) I love how these turned out so much! Definitely one of my favourite manicures I've done. Also tried out a new technique I saw online for the pink stripes. Could have probably used a nail art brush as well but this is a more fool proof, although tedious, technique. Before attempting this nail art, make sure you have A LOT of time on your hands! Here we go...

Things you'll need: Speckly nail polish, fuchsia nail polish, base and top coat, scissors and matte tape!

I'm using Nostalgic Nail Lacquer's Take On Me and OPI Dim Sum Plum!


Paint your nails with the Speckly polish. Here's Take On Me - One of my absolute favs, even on its own!

White based polish with turquoise and orange hex glitter, navy, turquoise, purple and orange mini hex glitter and purple micro glitter!

Here are a few other speckly polishes you could use for this look: This one (PPP503) from Etude House, These from Tony Moly or This and similar ones from The Face Shop. Though if you don't have a speckly nail polish you could manually create dots of different sizes. A few more steps involved but will give the same overall effect.

Now, paint a layer of nail polish onto the matte tape. This feels sorta strange but stay with me on this. Allow the layer to dry and add more coats until you reach your desired opacity.


When it is completely dry, cut out whatever design you like from the tape. I went for a sort of wavy look. You'll want to do this with either bare nails or if your nails are painted, wait for them to dry completely. Working with half-wet nails and tape is a recipe for disaster!

Stick on the tape and trim the sides down to size.

Keep going till all your nails are done :)




A quick tip - wait as long as you can to put on the top coat to avoid smearing the colour from the tape onto your base colour! 


Expectation vs Reality!

This is how it first looked when I scribbled down the design as I first thought of it. Initially I wanted to do the wavy stripes in turquoise instead but later on decided to go with fuchsia, which I think pops better than the turquoise would have :)

Hope you enjoyed my Easter nail series! Happy Easter! x 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com