Despicable Me Minion Nails


Awhile ago, around the time Despicable Me 2 came out, I experimented around with creating minion nails! Here's a quick step-by-step on how it was done…


Products used (L-R): Seche Vite Top Coat, Stargazer Chrome, OPI I Have a Herring Problem, Diana 1803 (White), Inglot 943, Dotting tool, The Face Shop Nail Dot Pen 02 (Black)

Step 1: Paint nails a yellow colour


Step 2: Add blue to the tips of the nails - like a french manicure!

Step 3: Using a dotting tool, add a single big dot for the minion's goggles


Step 4: Using a dotting tool, add a smaller white dot inside the silver dot

What it should look like at the moment...

Step 5: Using the nail dot pen, add two lines coming outwards from the circle. If you don't have a dot pen you could probably use a toothpick and it'd work too.

Step 6: Finish off with a black dot inside the white one and add a smile! (Clean off the messy bits on the side with nail polish remover and a cotton bud)

Step 7: Finish off with a top coat

Anddddd ta-da - your very own little minion! I only did it on one nail cos I wanted it more subtle so people would still take me seriously at work haha. But you could probably also do it on a few more nails, maybe even all the nails. Also try around with variations like giving them different mouths, or two eyes instead of one - all the minions look a little different so even if you don't draw them exactly the same it'll look cute regardless. Have fun!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com