#NOTW - Zebra Nails (4 November 2013)


Time for one of the most highly anticipated blogposts (for me at least). These zebra / flower nails are possibly my most favourite set of nails I've done for myself, and that's saying something! Awhile ago I was thinking of the simplest, most foolproof method of doing zebra print nails and it suddenly hit me. Why not try liquid eyeliner? I've seen tutorials that use toothpicks or really fine brushes but it all seemed too messy and fiddly for me.

Paint nails a white colour as a base - I'm using a Diana white. Then let it dry (This is important!)

Go crazy with the liquid eyeliner! Create lines, dots, V-shapes, branch-like shapes going either way across the nails. Start at the top or the bottom of the nail and alternate sides, working your way to the other end of the nail.




And that's it! No pictures of the drawing on itself cos once I started I was too excited and wanted to keep going until I was completely done with the nail.


I used the Maybelline Hyperglossy Liquid Liner in Black (although you can't tell in my pics cos the words have totally come off!). You can get it from Guardian / Watsons. I know it sells for $13.90 at Watsons. I'm soooo happy with the results of my little experiment and it's so much neater than using nail polish and a thin brush. You can be so much more precise with the lines as well! I even managed to recreate the nails with my left hand (I'm right handed) and you can hardly tell the difference between both hands because of the randomness of the patterns.

Oh, and if you're curious about the monochrome flowers the step-by-step will be up in a blogpost tomorrow :) x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com