Magic Topcoats: Nubar 2010




In my time collecting nail polish, I've not loved a topcoat as much as I have Nubar 2010. It's one of those "magic topcoats" to me, one that completely changes the look of the polish under it, effectively doubling the colours you'll have in your collection! Here's one (deliberately sparse) coat of it over OPI's Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! 2010 looks especially eye-catching when used over black / a dark coloured polish - it really makes the orangey-yellowy-greenish flakes pop!





A rare glimpse of the green undertones in NNNOF under sunlight

Next, testing it over Barry M Gelly in Plum!
Already love the way the colour looks on its own, but wait till you see the end result!

With and without 2010 for comparison.


First coat done



And second and final coat added!

Shimmery flaky goodness!


An overall comparison: With 2010 (Left) and Without 2010 (Right)

Magical-looking under the sunlight


Artificial lighting: When the light catches it at a certain angle it shows orange yellow and green flakes all at once!






I think you can tell by the sheer amount of pictures how much I love this polish! Unfortunately I got this from an online shop which has since stopped selling polishes :( However, you could probably get it on Amazon / Ebay. Mei Mei's Signatures is another online shop that has a huge selection including many hard to find brands in Singapore as well as several Indie brands! x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com