#NOTW - Nails Inc. The West End (9 June 2014)



This week's #NOTW is Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish in The West End - a purple shimmery magnetic polish! It's been awhile since I've used magnetic polish and definitely need to get used to it all over again. The consistency of magnetic polish tends to be much thicker than regular polish, from the ones I've tried. Have to end up working super quickly before the polish dries so the design will be nice and clear.




Left the third and fourth fingers without the magnetic design so you can see how much of a difference the magnetic effect makes. After this I did another thin coat over these nails to get the magnetic design on because the magnet only works with wet polish.

As usual getting too into holding the magnet as close to my nails as possible and ending up getting abit of polish on the magnetic - whoops!

All nails done!

Definitely an exaggerated effect in the picture on the bottle cap!

Indoors

In direct sunlight

Gotta be honest - I loved the colour but putting a top coat over the polish moved the magnetic design around a bit, making it less noticeable (not pictured). Not sure if it was a case of not waiting long enough or whether the polish just didn't take well to getting a top coat. I didn't remember having such a problem with other magnetic polishes that I tried.

Overall they make for an interesting manicure especially because of the way it changes depending on how the light hits it. I'll try waiting longer before putting a top coat on next time and hopefully the polish looks as nice as in the pictures even with top coat on :) x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com