Basics: Saran Wrap Nails



After experimenting with saran wrap (or cling wrap) nails in my previous post here, I got an idea for a marble nails that I imagined would be perfect with this technique! Here's my tutorial on how to do saran wrap nails. If you're starting out on this technique for the first time, a few things to bear in mind before you start:

1) It's much easier than it looks and super forgiving even if you mess up a bit
2) Pick a good colour combination (The colours might blend slightly so make sure they don't clash)
3) Don't be afraid of things getting messy!
4) Stand by plenty of saran/cling wrap and also cotton buds for the clean up


The colours I'm using for this look are white (Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party), grey (Topshop Rainy Day) and black (Revlon Black Lingerie).

Step 1: Paint one to two coats of the base colour. Doesn't have to be perfect because you're going to paint over it in the next step! Let this base colour dry well.

Step 2: Paint the second colour over the first and wait for about 10 seconds for it to get tacky.

Step 3: Roll a small section of saran wrap into a ball and blot the polish.

Step 4: Repeat as required until you get the look you like. Instead of painting over the entire nail, use small dots like this. I used both black and grey to get the effect I wanted. It might look like it's ruined midway through but keep going! It will all come together after you put the top coat on.

Step 5: Clean off the excess polish around the nails with cotton buds

And it's done! :) The completed look before top coat

After top coat - the marbled pattern on the nails is blended out slightly by the top coat

In sunlight

Picture from my personal instagram @rebeccajoytan


Definitely give cling wrap a go if you haven't tried it! It's much simpler than it looks and the final product looks so much more complicated when all you were doing was applying and messing up the polish :) x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com