Saving Peeling and Flaking Nails


A different post today from my usual posts. This past week my nails haven't been at their best. They usually do get a little thin and flaky at some of the ends but this week the peeling went out of control :( Had to do lots of binding and unbinding at the office which involved pulling at metal bits with my nails. Look at that sad middle finger and my thumb looks awful too!



Decided to try to solve the problem once and for all. The first step was (unfortunately) to cut all of them shorter to get rid of the peeling bits.


I also decided to round my nails this time, instead of their usual square shape. I usually love square nails  but I don't think my nails appreciate all the filing involved in getting them into that shape! They look slightly better now that they're shorter.

Right hand not doing too good either. Somehow my middle finger came off worst on both hands!

The next step to saving my nails was a nail treatment product. Headed to the Sally Hansen corner in Watsons and picked this VitaSurge Strength Gel. It was a gel product, unlike the other liquid treatments that were to be used alone or as base coats. Also, got curious about the little microbeads inside!

Stronger nails in 5 days!

Coolest looking gel

I wasn't convinced at first when it said that it didn't tint the nails because it looked so blue in the bottle. Applied a generous amount to each nail with the doe foot applicator and then massaged it in. For awhile it seemed like it was gonna stay sticky but it dried up after awhile. In case you're curious like I was, the micro beads break apart really easily and dissolve on the nail.

Slight blue tint which went away after the gel dried


Ta-da! This was after the gel dried. The gel smelled relatively pleasant, almost like a chemical-ly aloe vera scent. It could have been just psychological but my nails felt slightly tougher after that. I don't know about their 5 day claim but we'll see how my nails do in the long run. Best bit about it is that it doesn't necessarily have to be applied on bare nails. Can be applied on painted nails too. Got mine at Watsons for S$14.90 reduced to S$11.90 because of the sale they're now having! Will update more on my nails if I see a difference over time x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com