#NOTW - Barry M Majesty (3 March 2014)


Here's my #NOTW - Barry M's Majesty! It's the Gold from Barry M's Royal Textured Glitter Collection. The textured glitters dry to a sandy finish and require no top coat - similar to the OPI Liquid Sand series.



How it looks like in the bottle - as if someone captured a container of Gold Shimmering Sand!


As you can see it looks slightly different in the bottle and on the nails. When in the bottle it retains more of a yellowish gold colour while on the nails it looked really different depending on how the light hit it. Maybe it's also because of the glossy surface of the glass bottle. Come to think of it, putting a top coat on would probably produce a similar effect!


In the shade - a more muted Pearly Shimmery Gold

Slightly more sunlight - The colour darkens and it moves towards a gold

A mixture of gold, silver and bronze in dim natural light

Backlit - It looks super pearly here, barely a hint of gold!

In direct sunlight

At its shimmery best in direct sunlight!

And an out of focus shot to show the glitter bits - straight up gold glitter! The only holographic bits are in the design of the cap (That design would actually look pretty nice on nails as well!)

Overall, I quite liked the formula of the polish - went on smoothly and dried relatively quick. Due to the nature of the textured glitter finish it didn't need a top coat, which was great for me as I applied these right before bed! No pillow-case printed nails when I woke up the next day. The only thing with the textured glitter finish, as with the OPI liquid sand, is that your nails feel like mini nail files and I got the chills every time my nails accidentally brushed against each other. Definitely took some getting used to! The feeling went away after a few days though as they naturally got less rough.

I was concerned with nail wear on the tips, especially since they were going without top coat and scratching against so many surfaces as I went about my day. But thankfully because of the colour the wear wasn't really obvious, even though when I took these shots there was some wear on my index and ring fingers. (Nobody would probably have noticed if I didn't mention it but if you scroll back you can probably just about make it out in some pics)

Unfortunately you can't get Barry M polishes in Singapore at the moment, which I think is such a shame :( If you have friends in the UK ask them nicely! The Textured Glitter series is £3.99 (About S$8+) in Boots / Superdrug. I have more polishes from Barry M to try out - can't wait!!! :D Will be trying them out this weekend! x



Edit: OPI Solitaire (Liquid Sand) post here. It's essentially a white / silver version of this polish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

@halfinchnails on Instagram!

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hi there!

Hi there!
I'm Rebecca, a nail polish hoarder from Singapore. Here's a space where I'll share my favourite nail polishes of the moment, nail art tutorials, swatches and more! x

Contact me at 0.5inchnails@gmail.com